Saturday, November 26, 2011

A member of Team M.K.Gandhi ??

Anna Hazare has decided to include new members to his Core Team and I feel myself qualified to be a member of the team having the necessary qualities.Having worked as a Software Engineer,at the very outset I wish to represent not just myself  but also some of my colleagues  and hence my I here is not just me(நான் மட்டும் மாட்டிட கூடாது இல்ல).

I had ample opportunities to utilize govt.'s services and I would strictly comply to the govt. regulations.While utilizing the services provided by Income Tax department for paying Income Tax,I would regularly submit the HRA(house rent allowance) receipt without fail duly signed by the supposedly house owner and avail the HRA tax exemption.I would not want my house owner to be burdened by signing the rent receipt and would own the responsibility.If necessary I would also get my father's signature as land lord's when I live in our own house as if am paying rent to my father.To avail the complete HRA exemption I would ensure that my rent matches my HRA irrespective of the actual rent paid.In both the cases neither the actual house owner nor my father might have shown the rent received as part of their income so that they too didn't pay Income tax for this additional income.

While applying for passports,PAN card,driving license etc I would have zero tolerance for any deviation from the govt. regulations.I would engage an agent who would follow all govt. norms and get my application processed on time and even before time based on my ability.I would pay the agent enough service charge so that he places the important paper(முக்கியமான paper) at each stage to the officials concerned.As our officials are duty bound who would complete the task if they receive the முக்கியமான paper, they would complete the  task on time.

It is fortunate that one agent had "Prompt Passport Service(PPS)" whereby I was able to get my passport within a week without even going to the Regional Passport Office once.Thanks to the agent without whose PPS I would not have utilized the chance to travel to USA in a short notice as I didn't have passport initially.(Its different story that while returning from USA,I had carried valuables largely exceeding the actual Customs Exemption Limit but ended up without paying customs duty).

Such kind of service is available in driving license application,PAN application also. I would be grateful to these agents throughout my life without whose support I would not have utilized and would not be able to utilize govt. services without even knowing the norms,waiting in the queue and just by signing in the cross marks X marked in the application.Hats off to them.

Not just these incidents I could quote many more where in I have strictly complied to govt. regulations and quoting them would make me qualify not just for Team Anna but Team M.K.Gandhi if there is one.  

5 comments:

  1. Well said machi! Our hypocrisy and insensitivity have reached an extent that the few instances you have cited and many more such do not even occur to us as being even remotely unethical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vasanth,your blatant comment conveys more than what I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one Machi...It reminds me of "Naalu peruku nallathu nadakanum'na ethuvumey thappu illa"...antha naalu peru yaaru'na naan, en appa, en amma, ennoda udan pirappugal....anyways there are 1000 ways to justify whatever we do...same thing happening in Team Anna, and also as I'm a true Indian I would like to know how you ended up not paying any customs duty...oru general knowledge'kaaga thaan kekuren...adutha maasam India varen athukukum ithukum entha sambandhamum illa...rofl...!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @go2sureshtg: nanba,the last time when I travelled,I thgt if customs officer asks for duty I would give him the bottle and you know which bottle and who gave it...
    but he was a good officer and hence I gave the bottle 2 my father who said if u have told me earlier I would have asked for a different brand...ha ha ha..so this time i wld tell the brand when u cme..

    ReplyDelete

Your Eyes but My Views

Dear Kiddos,     Another letter from Rajuppa. Wait, wait, wait.  I think I should stop using Rajuppa while writing letters to you, for I h...